Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy Fall 2016!

Hello and welcome!!

Fall is here, yay!! I'm so excited because it's my favorite season. I love how the weather gets a little cooler, and how the trees change colors into reds, golden yellows and oranges. It's just beautiful!

So today I want to share a card to welcome the Autumn. I focused on those beautiful leaves and colors typical of the season. I hope you like it!

First, I made a card base from kraft cardstock. Die cut the bottom front using a scallop edge die. For the inside, I added a piece of patterned paper.

I heat embossed some gold splatters and the sentiment  to the front of the card.

For the leaves,  I sponged some distress inks on white cardstock, creating the typical fall colors. Die cut and adhered them to the card. As a final touch, I tie a hemp cord with a bow.

***************
¡Hola! Hoy inicia el otoño y estoy muy feliz, porque es mi estación favorita del año.
Me encanta cómo el clima se torna un poco más fresco, y cómo las hojas de los árboles se empiezan a teñir de rojos, amarillos y anaranjados. ¡Es simplemente precioso!

Por eso, hoy les quiero compartir una tarjeta para darle la bienvenida al otoño. Me enfoqué en las hojas y esos hermosos tonos típicos de la época. ¡Espero les guste!

***************

Here's my card...




A close-up so you can see the gold splatters...
 

 
A peek of the inside... 
 
 
 
My card was inspired by the following challenges:

*The beautiful photo inspiration from Time Out Challenge #66:

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2016/09/challenge-66.html


*The beautiful color combo from YNS Sketch and Color Challenge #48:

http://yournextstamp.com/blog/sketch-and-color-challenge-48/


Have a great day and thank you so much for visiting!
Hugs,
Raquel


Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Desert Storm (Neenah) / Hello Sunshine paper pad (Doodlebug Design)
  • Dies: Leaves Die Set (Impression Obsession) / Stitched Scallop Edges (My Favorite Things)
  • Stamps: Plant Some Kindness (Your Next Stamp) / Ink Splatters ( Paper Parachute)
  • Ink pads: Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door (Distress Ink) / VersaMark (Tsukineko)
  • Embossing powder: Princess Gold (Ranger)
  • Hemp cord (Hemptique)



8 comments:

  1. Hi Raquel!! Your card is fabulous.
    Thanks for playing with us at the YNS Challenge #48.
    Good luck.

    Hugs, Dian Ratna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Your leaves are wonderfully colored. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so gorgeous on your card! And those splatters bind it all so beautifully together! Thank you for taking some TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gerrina! Thank you so much for your nice comment. Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty and vibrant card! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to read your comments!